• Presented by the National Youth Music Theatre, in association with King’s College School Wimbledon.
• Director: Jeremy James Taylor
• Musical Director: Michael Jenkins
• Book: Jeremy James Taylor and David Drew-Smythe
• Genre: Musical
• Date: 1996
• Venue: St Paul’s, Covent Garden, London
The compelling story of two rival groups of boy actors at court during the reign of the Virgin Queen, Elizabeth I. Salomon Pavey, an outstanding young actor with a flair for playing the parts of old men, unwittingly becomes involved in the politics of the Royal Court with tragic results – a victim not only of his enemies, but also of his success. A ballad opera that uses popular music of the period, capturing beautifully the spirit of the Elizabethan age.